Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Review: The Viking's Chosen by Quinn Loftis

The Viking's Chosen The Viking's Chosen by Quinn Loftis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.
Release date: February 12, 2018

Being the oldest daughter of a king, out of three girls, Allete knows that she is destined to leave her home for an arranged marriage. So it is no surprise when her father tells her that King Cathal has made an agreement with her father, and that she will be married to him and go to his kingdom.

What is a surprise, though, is how evil Cathal is. He has the attractive looks, but he is a terrible man who does terrible things to women. Because Allete is his intended, Cathal is taking a lot of risks to put her in her place - as a woman should be. Allete is a strong willed girl, so bending to Cathal's demands is very hard for her. But she doesn't want to put her father in a bad position and risk putting their kingdom into war if he backs out of the arranged marriage.

Torben is a Viking - a warrior. He is following his crazy jarl, and they are planning to attack the two kingdoms when King Cathal comes to claim his bride. When his mother, the Oracle, tells him that he will find his future bride and the love of his life in the palace, he is unsure how he feels about this. On the one hand, he believes his mother because she has the gift, but on the other hand, bringing a foreign bride to his tribe is not going to go over well.

But when Torben meets Allete, he knows that she is the one. He is in disguise, but tries to tell Allete everything about him because he wants her to fall for him the way that he is falling for her. The biggest problem is that Torben has to watch Allete be mentally and physically abused by Cathal while he poses as her guard and he can't do anything to stop it.

Torben and Allete have to wait for just a little longer, and then they can go through their their plans to be together. But there are a lot of factors that are going to happen, and things may not go as planned for them. Torben and Allete won't let anything get in the way between them, but some things are beyond their control.

This was a great book! I haven't read any historical romances in awhile, so it was a nice, refreshing story for me!

Allete is an awesome character and is a total boss! She knows how to be a princess and a Queen and she knows how the society works, even if she doesn't agree with it. She is so poised and mature, but she is so sneaky and devious when she wants to be. Seeing her with Torben cracked me up to much because they are definitely a match made in heaven and can give the other a run for their money.

When she was dealing with Cathel, I just wanted to scream. I know she was doing well, but she should have gotten backup with her parents because no one should have to go through that - ever. She may be tough and can handle it, but her family loves her too much for her to go through that abuse.

I loved Allete's little sister, Dayna! She is feisty and funny and so too much, but she is a hellion and she knows it and loves it. She makes the book so much better with her random statements and is definitely good for a good laugh. I really hope she gets her own story soon because I would love to see her battle it out with Brant!

Torben is such a macho manly man and he is so easy to swoon over. I loved the way he was around Allete cause you could really see how much he cares for her and would do anything to make her happy.

The only bad part about this book is that it has a CLIFFHANGER!!!! AAAHHHH!!!! I despise cliffhangers and that is usually why I won't read books in a series. But, alas, here I am wanting to know what happens to everyone and I have to wait until who knows when... :( sad face.

I think a lot of readers will really enjoy this great novel! I can't wait to get my hands on the next one already, and I am so glad that I was able to read this through Red Coat Publishing :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment