Thursday, January 18, 2018

Review: The Winged & the Wicked (Havenwood Falls #5) by Kristie Cook

The Winged & the Wicked The Winged & the Wicked by Kristie Cook
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.

Teeny Weeny Tahini is not who she seems to be. In Havenwood Falls, she is a psychic reader, but in reality she is a faerie. When things are going a bit haywire in Havenwood Falls, she decides to figure out what is happening and how she can fix it. After finding an injured owl and discovering that it is her long lost nephew, Mathew, who's life has been in danger for a long time, and then noticing that there are strangers in Havenwood Falls - a rarity - Tahini knows there is something fishy going on.

Shayin Pisik came to Havenwood Falls to find her betrothed, but she is hiding many secrets from this town. She has to do a ceremony in a specific place on a specific date to finally find him. But it seems she needs the help from a faerie, even though one probably won't willingly help her with this ceremony.

Both Tahini and Shayin are going to have to be winged and wicked to be able to help one another out in their searches.

I have been a huge fan of this series, but for some reason this book fell flat for me. I couldn't really get into it that well, and I was skimming a lot of pages to finally find a place that I could connect with and keep me engaged with the storyline. Sadly, that didn't happen at all during this book, and it is the only one so far that I've encountered that I couldn't love as much as the other ones.

That being said, I think that fans of this series will really enjoy this next installment of the series and will love the retelling of Snow White with supernatural beings. It just wasn't meant for me!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment