Friday, January 19, 2018

Review: The Fall (Havenwood Falls HIGH #3) by Kristen Yard

The Fall The Fall by Kristen Yard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.

Serena is starting her senior year in high school, but what she is really excited about is to graduate and have her gap year in Europe. However, her aunt is pretty determined to keep her in Havenwood Falls for some reason.

With her best friend Nikki acting out more and more, become less of the best friend Serena knows, to her younger twin sisters acting like complete opposites of their normal selves, and her other friend Logan becoming more and more lovey dovey toward Serena, life has exploded and is pretty much stressing her out.

When her Aunt gives her a strange, almost ugly, necklace for her 18th birthday, things get even more complicated for Serena. She thinks she is going crazy when the necklace burns her, and she might be imagining a lot of things, such as a guy with pale green eyes and always wearing a hood who is following her and her aunt.

Serena just wants a normal life of traveling and creating paintings, but it seems that Serena might be more special than she ever wanted to be.

I really enjoyed this book! It was hard to get into at first because there are a lot of characters, and I've been bouncing around in the Havenwood Falls series, but I was able to figure everything out and really enjoy this suspenseful novel.

The reader doesn't figure out what Serena is until the very end, where basically a cliffhanger happens and you are left wanting more. Because of that, I'm not telling you what supernatural being Serena is, even though I'm sure you can read other books to spoil yourself! :) I just had to be on the edge of my seat, so I won't make it easy for other readers to cheat ahead of time, ha!

I'm very curious how things are going to end with Serena's story, so I'm very anxious for April 2018 to come soon to get the sequel!

I think a lot of readers will really enjoy this story like I did, and I am definitely excited for more books in this series to come out soon!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment