Sunday, January 20, 2019

Review: Ruthless King by Maya Hughes

Ruthless King Ruthless King by Maya Hughes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Life pretty much ended for Emmett and Avery in their senior year of high school. Both loved each other immensely but because of circumstances that needed to be secrets their breakup was pretty brutal. In fact to this day they can't even be in the same room without anger and hatred.

Since then Emmett has gone off to play professional hockey and Avery has been able to take care of her sister and got her to graduation.

After much sacrifice every now has a chance to do what she's been wanting to do which is go to college and start her future. But when she gets invited to hang out with her high school friends she decides to take the chance and have fun for once. When Emmett showed up though things took a turn to the worst and now she has to deal with his anger after the misunderstanding of their breakup.

This is the first time they've been near each other and 4 years for a long time and both Emmett and Avery cannot deny the attraction that they still feel for one another. But with all the secrets that are still stuck between them the future that they dream about in high school may not be able to come true if they can't be honest with each other.

I have been waiting for this book since the novela to introduce these characters!!! The brutal way that they ended the relationship and the unanswered questions have been killing me this whole time! So I am so glad that I have finally been able to read their story to see exactly what happened between them! And I definitely was not disappointed by all of the answers that were revealed!

I love Avery so much! She is one tough chick and is bad ass in the kitchen and is loyal to a fault. Even though it almost killed her that she broke Emmett's heart she had her reasons and she stuck with it no matter how hard the last 4 years have been.

And Emmett... he's been gone doing professional hockey for the last few years so he really wanted this time to hang out with his friends who he hasn't seen in a while. And I get why he was mad at Avery but I felt like he should have listened to her once he calmed down and got the shock over what had happened. I could never imagine what they went through and why they went through it.

This book definitely answered questions I had and I loved seeing Avery and Emmet reconnect with one another. All of the Kings are sexy as hell but they all have their issues too so it's really great to see them work through all of that and their stories. Now I'm extremely excited to read Ford's story and will be impatiently waiting for that one now!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment