Sunday, January 20, 2019

Review: Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West

Listen to Your Heart Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kate is in love with the lake life that she has grown up with. Whenever she gets any free moment you can always find her on the lake either working or enjoying just being on the lake for fun. She hates when school starts back up because that means that it'll be less time for her to be at the lake where she is the most content.

And now with school starting she realize that when her friend Elena talked her into doing the podcast class that Kate was not going to enjoy it after the first day. And then when her teacher made her one of the host of the podcast she was definitely not happy. Kate likes a quiet subtle life not the voice of attention for a very popular podcast at her school.

And if that wasn't enough Elena started crushing on Diego. That's normal except when Kate realized she may be crushing on him as well.

The more she practiced for the podcast the more she realize that she liked it. But with the podcast comes secrets and Kate seems to be finding herself involved in a lot of secrets. By the end she realizes that secrets may need to be revealed but at what cost?

I adore Kasie West. All of her books are just the feel-good kind that have a happy ending and it's definitely a novel that I am excited to start reading. And this book was definitely one of those novels!

I love how passionate Kate was about the lake but I'm also glad to have seen her grow as a person and realize that she has other interests besides just the lake. I also enjoyed seeing her realize that her ex was not the only person in the world and she also moved on from that. There is definitely a lot of character development that happened in this novel and it was amazing to see Kate go through all of that.

I also adored Diego. He's very soulful and definitely more mature then his actual age. He's going through a lot of rough stuff at home so it was nice to see him open up to Kate and just talk about his feelings which you don't see often in teenage boys.

I'm so glad I got a chance to read this book and I will definitely be keeping my eye out for future novels by West! I definitely recommend her books to all readers because not only are they a fast read but they all have a great message in them!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment