Sunday, May 2, 2021

Review: Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Every Last Breath Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read through this book so fast 6 years ago that many details escaped my memory, so re-reading this was like reading it for the first time again!  I'm so glad I did this re-read because it reminded me of how much I ADORE this series and these characters! 

Below I have my original review and I'm removing the spoiler tag.  It's been 6 years, so if you haven't read this, first, you are missing out but second, you are bound to get spoiled and I'm okay with that now. 

So, SPOILERS BELOW.  That's all the notice you are getting!  

My original review from July 26, 2015:
Of course I loved this book! And now, if you want to know what my REAL thoughts are, click the Spoiler link. But I'm forewarning you, I will be spilling a lot of the things that happen in this novel. I'd advise that you wait until the book comes out in 2 days to find out the awesomeness for yourself, but that one click is up to you ;)

O.M.G.! She picked Roth! I mean, I didn't have that much of a doubt about it because, come on, who doesn't love Roth? (And also, I voted for him about 50 times during the time frame on multiple computers, so yeah, those had to count for something.)

And she picked Roth in like chapter 6! So we got to read all about the sexy times she and Roth had together. JLA didn't make us wait until the gruesome end to figure out which one she loved more - you rock!

Okay, enough gushing about Roth's hotness and adorableness when it comes to Layla. 

Things got pretty intense during this book. I loved every minute of it. 

I also think that Layla became an amazing woman throughout this series. By the time the big decision was made after the terrible discovery became known (yes, this is all cryptic - I can't give EVERYTHING away! Jeez...), I think Layla made her choice with no hesitation, showing that she was mature beyond her years and puts a lot of people she loves before herself. 

All of the rough patches JLA put us through ended with awesomeness that I am honored to have read, because there were a lot of twists and turns that happened - even right up to the last few pages!

So glad this book is finally out and we got to see what happens to the stranger and unique species that is Layla. She deserves everything that she is about to encounter in her long life, especially after everything she went through in less than a year!

And as much as I want to re-read all 4 books again (which I just did in preparation of this novel) I will refrain since I have a bazzilion other novels to read. Seriously, though, after the Lux series, The Dark Elements series is my all time favorite from JLA and she could not have made a better ending for this series.

I think a lot of readers will be very please with the outcome of this book :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment