Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Review: Storm and Fury by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Storm and Fury Storm and Fury by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Because book 3, the last book of this universe, is being released in less than 1 month, I did ANOTHER re-read and absolutely adored it for the 3rd time!  This is a must read series that EVERYONE should pick up!

My review from May 16, 2020:
I just re-read this since I have book 2 on my kindle, and I'm in just a much awe and amazement as I was the first time I read it. My review below perfectly explains my current feelings, and I can't wait to see what book 2 is going to bring. 

Knowing Jennifer L. Armentrout, it's going to bring everything and leave me wanting for more!  ;)

My original review from March 20, 2019:
I received this eARC novel from the author and from NetGalley. This is my honest review. 

Trinity's life is different. She lives with the Wardens, but she is not a Warden. She trains like a Warden, but most in her community think that she's a human. She's not just a human. Trinity is one of the last of her kind, but she cannot let anyone know what she is. Not the Wardens, who might think she's an abomination. Not the humans, who can't comprehend what exactly she is. And definitely not the demons, for they would do anything to get their hands on her. 

Trinity is just waiting for the day that her father will summon her to use her greatest weapon to stop a certain event. What the event is? She has no idea. 

Things get a little complicated, though, when 3 Wardens show up. No one - never - comes to their community, so the fact that 3 new people are there, welcomed, makes Trinity go into spy mode to figure out what is happening. And that's when she bumped into Zayne, an interesting Warden with his own secrets to hide. 

When Trinity's protector, Misha, gets taken by an upper level demon, Trinity is making it her mission to get her protector, but more importantly her friend, back. And to do that, she is leaving with Zayne. Trinity has always wanted to travel, but this was not what she had in mind. 

The longer Trinity is away from her home, the more secrets are revealed. Not only about her, but about everything in her life. By the end of her journey, Trinity will wonder what was real and what wasn't...

Oh man. I was a little hesitant about this book. Not because I thought I wouldn't like it (it's JLA, I'll always love it!) but because it was about Zayne and I was totally Team Roth in the previous series. I was just hoping that I would find a way to connect with Zayne, but I shouldn't have worried because Armentrout was able to make me fall in love with Zayne almost as much as I love Roth. Trinity is a great fit for him, and I'm so glad that the storyline went in this direction because it is so great!!

I wish we were able to get Zayne's viewpoint throughout the novel, because I'm sure what he was thinking about Trinity would have been amazing. Zayne is such a good guy, but Trinity pushed him past some dark secrets and really tested his boundaries. It would have been amazing to see what he was thinking about her during those times. 

Also, with Trinity's eye disease, which JLA also has. I really thought Armentrout did an amazing job explaining it in a way for readers to understand this rare eye disease. I can't imagining going through that process, and when Trinity freaked out when Zayne essentially blocked all vision - that would be me everyday thinking about the future not being able to see. That is my worst fear - losing my vision, and Armentrout was really brave for making her main character have something so personal to her life. 

I'm so glad I didn't let me hesitance stop me from reading this book, because now I need to know more and more about what is going to happen to these characters! Fans of JLA and The Dark Elements series is going to LOVE this next installment!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment