Saturday, February 18, 2023

Review: Lessons from a One-Night Stand by Piper Rayne

Lessons from a One-Night Stand Lessons from a One-Night Stand by Piper Rayne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've read all of the Greene's from Piper Rayne, so I'm diving into the Bailey's next!  I love how strong Austin was to take care of his younger siblings with his sister Savannah after his parents died.  To be 21 and taking care of 7 other humans?  That's a daunting task, but Austin didn't so much as blink because that's the kind of man that he is and he wanted to be that person for them.  He even fought his uncle and grandmother for custody over them!  I'm just in awe of him, honestly.  Because if I were in his shoes, I would 100% not make the same decisions he did. 

I would hate that stupid Buzz Wheel.  Especially as an outsider like Holly?  I would be absolutely terrified to leave my house or my work in fear of being photographed and talked about.  Mind you, I'm from a small town where everyone knew my business, but this is just too much.  I wonder if it's ever discovered who's in charge of that, cause I'd like to stop that person so much. 

Austin and Holly really did try to keep things under the table when it came to their relationship, or whatever they called it.  But seriously, this town - you can't keep a secret for a second without someone finding out and instantly telling the whole universe it seems like. 

I was really bummed about Holly's dad, but I love that her mom came to the rescue!  Well, not in Holly's opinion.  Also, Dana?  Love that girl.  I have a feeling she may want to stay in Alaska in the future?

I very much enjoyed this storyline and I'm very intrigued to see how the rest of the Baileys fall!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment