Friday, March 22, 2024

Review: Rise of the Melody by Wendy Higgins

Rise of the Melody Rise of the Melody by Wendy Higgins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wendy Higgins is an author I will instantly read because I fall in love with her words, characters and worlds.  She just has a way of capturing my whole attention with her amazing stories, and Rise of the Melody was no exception!  I read this in less than 24 hours and I oh so wish book 2 was already in my hands!

Letty's whole life has just imploded around her.  Everything she thought she knew was completely false and her love for singing has been obliterated into something she can never do.  But I gotta say, she rolled with the changes and dived into her new normal fairly smoothly.  I would have went kicking and screaming if I were in her shoes.  Her Aunt Lorna sacrificed so much to protect Letty and I love that so much.  True love for someone in your life to abandon everything you knew and love to protect the last relative. 

Teague, Clare, Chrys, Nora, and Shandi were super sweet and nice to Letty when she got there.  I loved seeing them include Letty in their lives like they grew up together for the past 13 years.  And Letty finally just got to be a girl who had friends, at least for a little bit. 

As always, I have a team.  I'm totally Team Zar.  If Teague gets picked, I might cry, because I really love Xarus and he's just such a mystery that I hope we can unravel and see him open up with his body, heart and soul with Letty.  

CooShay is amazing and I love his presence in this book.  I keep expecting this animal to talk because he's so human-like haha. 

Safe to say I have once again fallen hard for another Wendy Higgins masterpiece and I will be here cheering in the background for book 2 and any other future books by her!  I'll be getting my physical copy to add to my shrine soon and can go stare at it lovingly!  Definitely recommend picking this book up!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment