Saturday, March 2, 2024

Review: A Tempest of Tea by Hafsah Faizal

A Tempest of Tea A Tempest of Tea by Hafsah Faizal
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

So many book boxes are doing this book so my expectations were a bit high to be honest. And this book was a STRUGGLE to get through. There were so many moments I wanted to just DNF but I charged on, which I am grateful for. I would have missed a lot of reveals that happened. 

But even with those reveals I still can't say I liked this book. It was okay. But it dragged. So much. The characters fell flat, especially Arthie. Jin was cool. Flick was just...meh. Laithe was an annoyance. And the setting? It was hard to keep up with it and picture it. I found myself skimming over passages I think I needed to read but I just couldn't get interested or invested.

My favorite character? Mateo. And we didn't see him nearly enough. I absolutely want a book about him! 

The whole heist bit was long winded and failed anyway. And it was a bust in the worst way possible since Arthie just partnered up with the guy she's trying to steal from? 

So discovering Arthies secret was neat. (She's half vampire.) The girl collecting secrets has the biggest one of all. 

But yeah, definitely wasn't invested in this book. I wanted to be. But maybe it just wasn't for me. I'm glad i read it so I can get rid of my special edition coming my way. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment