Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Review: A Beautiful Funeral

A Beautiful Funeral A Beautiful Funeral by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh. My. Gawd.

This was an amazing, tearjerker, joyful book. I'm so glad that I finally got around to reading this. It took me awhile because I didn't want to finish the series. I didn't want to find out who the funeral was for, because I didn't want one single person in this series to die.

But I finally got around to reading it, and it was, in one word, "beautiful". It was insane and chaotic because, let's face it, it's about all of the Maddox's and they are a riled up bunch. But it was amazing to see all of the brothers back home with their dad and their families and Shepley's family all together again.

I was devastated by the end of this book. I was literally bawling my eyes out and I couldn't stop crying from the last 30 pages. It seriously ripped my heart to feel the devastation that this family was going through but being able to see the person's memories and having that person watch the family grieve was heart breaking.

I loved that we FINALLY got to read the guy's point of views for a few of the chapters. Besides Travis, we haven't been able to get inside of the brother's heads so it was amazing to get their perspectives on their family and jobs and life and everything.

Jamie McGuire created a great short novel to end this series. There is of course more to each character that can go on and on, but at some point she has to stop. This was a perfect ending to an amazing series and I know once I recover from this novel I will be re-reading it over and over again :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment