Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Review: Carnival of Souls

Carnival of Souls Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Here is my original review from Sept 22, 2012: http://jeracalea.blogspot.com/2012/09...

I re-read this again for my YA book club, and loved it just as much as I did 4 years ago. I dunno, the world that Melissa Marr created was fantastic. It had a hint of The Hunger Games but it was more mystical and magical than Suzanne Collin's world, making it it's own story. I loved how there were multiple viewpoints and the reader could gather more information because of that, even though we may still be a little lost overall about the story and where it will end up.

I can't believe that it's been 4 years and there is still no sequel... I want to find out what happens with everyone! Especially Mallory and Kaleb - when Mallory finds out what Kaleb did to ensure she was safe. Because Mallory is pretty strong willed and I doubt she will appreciate Kaleb's efforts to help her.

And I think Belias and Aya's story would get pretty heated as well. It's obvious they like each other, so Aya might have gone through the whole ordeal for no reason!

Evelyn and Adam's story would be very interesting to get more information on as they are very powerful characters and obviously have an important role to play out in the next novel. Oh, and another note, I want to know what happened to Mallory's mom.

Ahh!!!! So many questions, not enough answers! Hopefully sometime Melissa Marr will write the next novel and answer all of the unsolved answers!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment