Sunday, October 1, 2017

Review: The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson

The Heart of Betrayal The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lia has been captured by the assassin who was out to get her, and now she is on her way to Venda and wondering how she is going to escape this prison she is being forced into. After a very brutal and trying journey through all kinds of weather and emotional events, Lia arrives at Venda, only to have Rafe suddenly show up with secrets of his own.

Lia realizes that the two men in her life are not who they said they were, and now she doesn't know who to trust at all. Which is a terrible thing to find yourself in when you are in the enemies territory and are trying to find a way out.

But the more Lia is in Venda, the more she is starting to learn about her place in this town. And she is also learning more and more about the history of not only Venda, but of all the colonies in her life. Because the ancient stories that she has been told as a child are not quite right. And only with the persistence of studying an ancient language and text is she going to truly know what her role is.

Because her mother naming her a unique name was not as accidental as she may have thought. And Lia's role in everything is about to become extremely important very soon.

This was a great novel! There were a few moments where I thought it was a bit slow and dry for my taste, but I stuck with it because I love Lia's story and I have to know how everything pans out in the end.

This is such a great storyline and very unique and I'm loving it so much. The first book has the mystery of the boys and what was going to happen with Lia (because we all know that her life as a bar maid just wasn't going to last, let's be honest). This book was how Lia was going to escape Venda and how she could trust in a city full of enemies. And the third book is hopefully going to answer all of my dying questions that I need fulfilled!!

I have to say, Rafe is my boy. I am so rooting for him and I seriously hope that nothing gets screwed up in the third book because I might be royally P.O.ed... Just saying.

I'm glad I finally got around to read this series, and while I get very upset when the author kills off so many innocent people and puts my heart into a fake heart attack, I'm so loving it and can't wait to read the third and final book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment