Monday, October 9, 2017

Review: Morrighan by Mary E. Pearson

Morrighan Morrighan by Mary E. Pearson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Morrighan was 8 years old when she met Jafir for the first time. And she was terrified. Just a boy, but he was a scavenger and they take everything that is worth value away from tribes like hers. But instead of giving away her location, and possibly saving her life, Jafir saves her and leaves her be.

Throughout the years, Morrighan and Jafir meet one another. The first few meetings are really tense and unsure, but when both of their tribes are settled for a short period of time, they start to meet every day. And the more they meet, the stronger their friendship grows.

Morrighan teaches Jafir how to read, and how to find edible plants to eat. Jafir teaches Morrighan how to hunt and his language of different words.

But their happy life is about to change when Jafir's tribe finds out about Morrighan. Because Morrighan's history has a dark secret that is about to be revealed, and she is going to be tested severely in order for her to survive.

I am so glad that my library had this eBook that I could read quickly through! It explains so much and definitely completes the entire Remnant Chronicles series for me. I was always a bit confused about the Venda, Morrighan story, so this definitely clears a lot up for me!

I love Morrighan and Jafir's story, even though it's very hard and so, so heartbreaking at some points. It was so great to be able to see how it all started - from the VERY beginning - and how it progressed throughout the years. And to see the inner struggle that both characters were going through during their morality struggle was so bitter sweet.

This was such a great novella and I am definitely recommending that anyone who enjoyed the series, NEEDS to read this great story to fully get the whole story of this amazing series.

This was a great way to end the series as a whole, and I am so glad I got around to reading this. I will definitely be recommending it to YA lovers! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment