Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Review: Aequus by Randi Cooley Wilson

Aequus Aequus by Randi Cooley Wilson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received this eARC from Red Coat Publishing and the author. This is my honest review.

Caution - this synopsis and review will contain spoilers from the first book, Vernal. You have been warned!

Serena found out that her one true love, Tristan, is engaged to be married. And she even knows his fiancee - Freya. But when Freya was talking about her fiancee, Serena thought she meant Zander, not Tristan.

With this new information, Serena feels that she can't possibly ruin the peaceful union between the woodland people and the water people. But the more her and Zander think about the who's and the why's, the more they realize that things are not lining up the right way.

Serena convinces Zander to have her be his plus one to Tristan's wedding so they can figure out what is really going on and try to stop the wedding before it's too late.

The more that Serena learns about the wrong doings going on, the more she realizes that things need to get fixed, ASAP. And after cluing Tristan in on their plan, they have created their own plan to right the wrongs that are happening.

But their actions are going to have consequences - major, terrible ones. And the won't know what is going to happen until it's too late. And even then, things won't end up the way that they want.

True love is amazing, but it could also be the thing that ends them...

Wow. Seriously, I don't know where I have been that I have never 1. heard of this series and 2. never heard of this author. I am kicking myself so much because I love this series so much and I cannot wait to re-read them again already!

Plus, there is another series about the grown ups in this series so I can get even more!

Serena is one strong, kickass girl. She realized that things aren't really going the way that they should be and decides to fix it herself instead of wallow in self-pity. She is an action girl and I love that so much about her.

And Tristan is so swoony and so brooding, but also such a completely different guy when it comes to Serena. He was going to do his duty as the next heir of the woodland realm, but when sketchy things happen, he decides that his love for Serena wins out. I mean, that is so sweet!

I love the world that these character live in and I love all of the characters.

The cliffhanger ending is the worst, but thank goodness I have the next book and I am about to dive right in to see how everything gets all wrapped up!

If you have been under a rock like I have this whole time, I strongly recommend that you read this series! It's amazing!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment