Sunday, February 11, 2018

Review: Vernal by Randi Cooley Wilson

Vernal Vernal by Randi Cooley Wilson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received this eARC from Red Coat Publishing and the author. This is my honest review.

Serena, princess of the London gargoyle clan, is tired of being special. She wishes she was just a regular gargoyle protector training to prepare for her future. Instead, she is being protected and watched constantly because she has a destiny to fulfill. But that doesn't stop her from acting out and causing trouble for the people who are watching her. She's made it her life's mission to make their job as hard as possible.

When Tristan first sees Serena, he was struck senseless. It didn't help that she didn't have a stitch of clothing on and was dancing in the rain. But he loves her rebelliousness and always needs to put her in her place.

The connection between the two of them ignites instantly, and neither Serena nor Tristan know how to stop themselves from caving in. Serena thinks that her being with Tristan will help her case to be free from responsibilities, and Tristan has a dark past, and also a deep secret that may ruin them both.

Because both are royalty, and royalty does not get a choice on their future. They are destined for two opposite futures, and yet they cannot help but go to each other because of their instant, red-hot passion for one another.

When the secrets come tumbling out, both get hurt in the process and they go back to their original lives. But, as fate would have it, they keep bumping into one another. Pretty soon, their lives and their decisions will forever effect their future.

Wow. Am I ever so glad that I was able to read this book through the Red Coat Publishing group! I seriously loved it so much and flew through this first novel. The storyline was great and the chemistry between Tristan and Serena was off the charts! There were so many secrets, so it was so gut wrenching when some of them were revealed!

I read some reviews where readers were mad that Serena went from a headstrong, break the rules girl to a submissive, meek girl when she was with Tristan. I can see that, but that, to me, shows that she is really invested into Tristan and knows that he will forever be there for her when she needs him, so she can put down her walls just a little bit.

The tension between these two blew my mind. I loved seeing them banter and I loved when their banter went into sexual tension that they weren't able to control. It showed that sometimes you can't help how you act when you find the one that is meant for you.

I cannot wait to read the next book and see how things progress with these characters. Now that all (maybe? I think?) of the secrets are out, it will be interesting to see how it will unravel and how it will end with them.

I am also really enjoying the world that Randi Cooley Wilson has created. It took a little bit for me to get into the setting of the story, and I realize that is because this is a different series in the same world with different characters! I am going to have to finish this series and possibly get my hands on the Revelation series to get the full package of this world!

I'm so glad I read this and will definitely be raving about it to my reading friends! :D

(Also, gargoyles? Love it! So different, and it reminded me of Jennifer L. Armentrout's series, White Hot Kiss :D)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment