Saturday, February 3, 2018

Review: Immortal Sleepers: Blood Awakening by Miranda Nichols

Immortal Sleepers: Blood Awakening Immortal Sleepers: Blood Awakening by Miranda Nichols
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.

The synopsis of this book sounded really good and I was so excited to get this novel! But for some reason, I really just couldn't get into it... The story was long winded, it was more narrative than action or dialogue, and as much as I loved the intimate scenes, it was just unrealistic to me.

Not because this is about Vampires and Shifters and such, but because Kaelyn and Tyrian were on each other like rabbits and didn't even know each other's last name. And then when Kaelyn was accepting of everything that Tyrian dumped on her? That was the icing on the cake for me.

But I tried to stick with it, because it was a fascinating storyline, but I just kept finding myself losing interest and skimming the novel more than reading it, so I gave up halfway through.

I think I might try to read this again in the future when I'm willing to commit more time to try to figure out the story, but for now this novel was just okay for me. I'm sure other readers will devour it, though, because it definitely has a lot of potential!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment