Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Review: 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

13 Little Blue Envelopes 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book in Jan, 2012 for the first time, but just re-read it because 1. my bookclub is reading this, and 2. I want to read the second novel.

Ginny just found out that her aunt passed away in London from a stranger. And then the letters came. 13 to be precise, all written from her aunt, asking her to travel the UK like she did when she left 2 years ago. Ginny feels like she needs to do this, because she adored her aunt and wants to feel close to her again, even though she is no longer alive.

So Ginny begins the biggest adventure of her life. She goes to London, but also to Paris, Amsterdam, and many more places she wouldn't have EVER imagined going to. She found friends in the weirdest places, she found first love, and she found out secrets that were buried in her aunt's life.

These 13 little blue envelopes took Ginny on an adventure, but what is going to happen when she is finished with the envelopes?

This book was just as good the second time and it was the first time that I read it 5 years ago! I had forgotten a lot of details, so it was nice to re-experience this novel! Though there were times where I questioned Ginny's decisions (I mean, how many strangers can you go up to and have them be normal, nice people? In a foreign country? It's a bit of a stretch...), I enjoyed the journey that Ginny took to get a vision of her aunts last couple of years. It was a very unique way for Ginny to get to know her aunt again, while also going on a journey of her own.

I'm very excited to be diving into the second novel and see what will happen! It's been a long time coming for a solid ending to this journey!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment