Monday, May 7, 2018

Review: Damsel by Elana K. Arnold

Damsel Damsel by Elana K. Arnold
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Edelweiss. This is my honest review.
Release Date: October 2, 2018

I'm going to be honest, I didn't finish this novel. I usually give a synopsis of the story and then my opinion, but since I didn't finish the book, I can't really give a synopsis.

I really, really, really wanted to like this novel. It sounded so good from the description, but I got 25% of the way through and I was so bored to tears, and kept falling asleep when reading...which is not a good thing for me because if I am really into a book, I will stay up all night with sleepy eyes to finish it.

I don't know what it was. I should have been so into the novel, with the fighting of the dragon and saving the girl, and traveling back to the King's home, but it was all stale and monopolized. And then I read reviews from other readers and found out that it has some events that happen that I am not okay with reading, so I thought it was a good thing to just put my hat in and call it quits.

Also, I didn't respect Emory, the king, at all. He was a pompous ass most of the time and seemed way too cocky, and that was just within the first few minutes of reading this book that I figured that out. And then the way he talked to Ama was rubbing me the wrong way.

So unfortunately, this book just wasn't for me, sadly. I'm hoping I'm one of the few that doesn't like this book, because I think the concept is a great story.

I am grateful that I received this eARC from Edelweiss, and I will definitely see if I will like Elana Arnold's next book when she releases it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment