Friday, May 25, 2018

Review: Imperfect Harmony by Raine Thomas

Imperfect Harmony Imperfect Harmony by Raine Thomas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.

Lily's life has been a difficult one. Problems with her family have forced her to live with her Uncle Ray, which has actually been a good thing for Lily. It's how she was able to meet Dane Archer 8 years ago and become his best friend.

THE Archer - first movie star, then famous singer for The Void. Without Lily there with him, Archer would never had gotten where he is today. His friendship with Lily means everything to him, and he would do whatever it takes to keep her happy and safe.

But when he starts a reality TV show to hike up his ratings for his band, he knows that Lily won't want to be in the spotlight. Because of her terrible history with her family, Lily's life is made for a reality TV show.

Once Lily and Archer start to see each other in a different light than friends, Lily is put into a corner and told that she needs to be recorded to be on the show.

But will the spotlight on her life be too much for Lily? Will it ruin an 8 year friendship because of all of the lies and secrets?

This was a good book. I enjoyed the storyline and the drama that occurred throughout the novel. I did find that it was a little slow at times, which made it hard for me to want to keep reading, but then something good would happen that would draw me back into the story.

I do have to say that the relationship between Lily and Archer didn't really do it for me... It was too strained and drawn out. I like heat and passion, and it kind of felt dull and recited too much for me to really feel the connection between Lily and Archer. Which is a real bummer.

But the ending was very intriguing, so I'm very excited that I have the second book to dive right in and see how things are going to play out. I'm hoping that I will be able to connect better with the second novel since I know a little bit of the history now. I found that this book didn't really give Archer and Lily's past information very well - made the reader wonder how things happened and why they are the way they are, and then they just dumped all of that information in one paragraph with factual information, rather than a story of sorts.

I always love me a good rock star romance, so I'm hoping that this series will get better for me! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment