Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Review: Moonlight Seduction by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Moonlight Seduction Moonlight Seduction by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from the author and from Edelweiss. This is my honest review.
Release date: June 26, 2018

Gabriel, the middle brother of the notorious de Vincents, is claimed to be the "calm" one of the trio. And typically, he is, even though his nickname is Demon. After getting a bomb dropped on him that his college love died in a car accident, and that Emma had been keeping a secret from him for 5 years, Gabe feels like he is reeling all over the place.

Then when he sees Nikki, the daughter of the de Vincents butler and housekeeper who he grew up with, memories came flooding back. Even though Nikki is 10 years younger than him, he has always been fond of Nic. But 4 years ago, they connected on a different level and then Gabe never saw her again.

Now he has been struck again with memories and feelings from years ago, confusing him on how he really feels and what he is going to do about them.

Nikki has been in love with Gabriel since she was 16 and he saved her from drowning in their pool. She knows that she is younger than him, but Gabe has always been nice and kind to her. He is also the only de Vincent brother who took time to hangout with her when she was stuck in their house when her parents were working. They bonded together through wood carving, a profession that Gabe does for a living now.

When Nikki's mom got sick, she volunteered to help at the de Vincents house to keep her mother's job secure until she was better. But Nikki is not happy about this, because there are a lot of memories in that house. A lot of bad memories. Specifically the one that happened 4 years ago, one that she has never really gotten over.

At first, the hostility and anger between Nikki and Gabe kept them at bay, but the more they are around each other, the more they feel the spark and connection between each other again.

There are a lot of people plotting against Nikki and Gabe, and they need to figure out if it is worth fighting a long fight to see what is between each other, or if it would be better to let it go. Either way, both of them are going to get hurt in different ways - and it may be more than than can handle in the end.

Wow! I love this series, I love these characters, and I love JLA so much :)

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this series since it's one of the very few adult novels she's written, but I shouldn't have worried because JLA knows how to suck me in completely!

I honestly think that I may like Gabe and Nikki more than Julia and Lucien, and I didn't think that was possible to be honest! There was so much sexual tension between these two and so much history that had happened. They already knew each other when they met up again now, so that already had the tension sky high from the beginning.

Gabe was a bit of a jerk, but I think all of the de Vincents are going to be jerks at the beginning because that is who they are. But the more he is with Nikki, the more of a soft side you see of him and you just can't help but falling in love with him.

The suspense that comes with this series is great and keeps you reading faster and faster to see what happens. I figured it out well before it was revealed, but to see Nikki and Gabe's reaction to the answer was amazing and gut wrenching all at the same time.

Also? I'm not exactly sure who Devlin is going to fall for in Moonlight Scandal, but I hope it's who I'm wishing for after seeing them meet for the first time in this book, because that would be an AMAZING book!! Those two will butt heads like no other and that would be a fantastic story to read about!!! So I'm crossing my fingers that it is who I think it might be :D

I am so, so, so glad that I got an eARC of this book, and I cannot wait to read the 3rd and final book in the series! Fans of JLA are going to LOVE this novel - I just know it! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment