Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Review: Pulled Back by Danielle Bannister

Pulled Back Pulled Back by Danielle Bannister
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.

Jada has had a pretty crappy life so far in her 17 years. When she was born, her mother passed away in childbirth, which has made her father very bitter and angry at Jada. It only gets worse when he decides to move them to her mother's hometown for Jada's senior year in high school.

When they arrive, Jada finds out something interesting: she was one of 3 babies born on the same night, on the same day, in the same hospital. And she meets the other two: Tobias and Hawk. Hawk is insistent that he and Jada are meant to be. What else does it mean that they were born on the same night?

And even though Hawk and Tobias are best friends - and next door neighbors - their feelings toward each other are getting strained because of their own personal feelings toward Jada. Because while Hawk thinks he is destined to be with her, Tobias has this pull, this connection, with Jada that he cannot describe. Whenever Jada is near, Tobias doesn't feel sick anymore. And being sickly all of his life with asthma and only 1 working lung, he knows that something is unique about him and Jada together.

But everything is falling apart around everyone. Tobias is getting sicker, and he's being forced to stay away from Jada, who is the only person he feels 100% healthy around. Hawk's anger is getting worse and worse, and ever since Jada came to town, he can't control his actions anymore. And Jada's father is getting meaner and drunker every day they are in this town.

Tragedy struck this town once, 17 years ago, and fate has made it that tragedy is about to strike again. Because even though these three don't know their history, they have a tragic past that might be repeating itself...

So. I liked this book. I did! But I'm just so ready for something happy to happen to these characters and for them to get their happily ever after. Because even though they don't remember their past life, I'm still haunted at how book #1 ended and I need for them to be happy and content and live a long, blissful life.

But I don't think that is going to happen. Oh, sure, the ending to this book SEEMED happy enough, but I can see the dark cloud forming around that cursed town of theirs, and I don't think things are going to be all hunky dory soon...

I am still so mad at Jada. Seriously, if you are being abused, even verbally, let alone physically, tell someone! Report it! DON'T TAKE IT AND ACT LIKE YOU DESERVE IT!!! It just frustrates me to no end, and it makes me so sad that this is how the female Twin Flame is always going to live. It just breaks my heart.

And Tobias. I loved how strong he got and how brave and determined he is. Every breath is a struggle for him, but he does a lot of brave things to make sure that Jada is okay.

And do NOT get me started on Hawk. I seriously have never wished death upon a character as much as I do with him. He is a nasty man, and I despise him so much.

I'm excited to read the next one, and will be crossing my fingers and toes and legs and arms the whole time I'm reading, hoping and praying that things end up good in the end. Because if it's another ending like book #1, I'm throwing my book across the room. No, seriously. And I've only done that one other time in my life, so it's that serious.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment