Sunday, September 16, 2018

Review: Mating Season by Theresa Hissong

Mating Season Mating Season by Theresa Hissong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.

Tessa is thankful that she was able to find two places to work at in her new town after having to escape her crazy ex-husband, even it if means she only gets one day a week off to do things for herself. Some days make it seem rough and hard, but nothing will compare to her life before when she was scared and bossed around.

Drake is growing impatient finding his mate for his shifter, but he knows that it will be impossible to find the one if he is always on his land and not pursing his bear's mate. But Drake hates humans, and the only place where they do not come is his land that he shares with his 2 brothers.

After hibernation, Drake and his brothers need to get ready to plant their crops to make their money for the new season, so he heads into town to get parts for their tractor. Who knew that the person who will be delievering their parts would be none other than Tessa, a human, who is also Drake's mate.

Tessa knows about shifters, but she's never met one before Drake and his brothers. And she's definitely never met a bear shifter. To say she's intrigued is an understatement, but she has no idea what being a mate is...

Just when Tessa and Drake are getting used to the idea of being mates, trouble comes into town when Tessa's ex is hunting for her. But if you've ever encountered a grizzly bear, you will understand that things are about to get...grizzly...when Drake's mate is threatened...

Wow! This is my second book by Theresa Hissong and I loved it! The first wasn't for me, but give me a good shifter book and I'm in it! I loved how tough but shy Tessa was and I loved how rough and moody Drake was.

I especially loved the 360 of Drake's attitude when he accepted that Tessa was his mate and how attentive he was to her. Now I want a bear shifter as a mate, cause the lifee they want to give their mates sounds amazing!!!

It really sucks how bad Tessa's first marriage was and how it got worse as time went on. I'm glad she was able to get out of that situation, even though he wasn't letting her go.

And it was great that Tessa was really able to help Drake get past his hatred toward humans because hating a whole species is not healthy.

I'm very glad I got a chance to read this book, and I will probably be seeking more novels from this series soon to see how the 2 brothers find their mates - especially since they are the ones actively seeking their mate!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment