Monday, September 3, 2018

Review: Reckless King by Maya Hughes

Reckless King Reckless King by Maya Hughes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Heath is known as the laid back and fast skater on the ice among his friends and teammates. But what no one knows is that he struggles with an anger that builds inside of him. That's why he is always pushing himself to train - it's the only thing that curves his anger.

Kara is working her tail off to become a professor and teach like her adopted parents. Kara had a hard life before leaving that situation, so now she wants to show her parents that she appreciates everything they did for her.

When Kara and Heath see each other for the first time across the bar, it's an instant connection and attraction. And because of the intensity they both feel, they waste no time getting to know each other.

With the pressure of hockey and the pressure of obtaining her scholarship, the times Kara and Heath can see each other are few and far between. But both know that this is something they want to fight for.

Things get complicated when they find out that Kara is Heath's TA for his independant study class. Now, they have to be professional, teacher/student relationship to not risk their dreams.

But when the pressure gets too much for Heath and Kara, the only thing they want to do is go to each other. Will they lose everything or will they lose each other with the decisions they make?

I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK!!! Maybe not aaasss much as book #1, but it was still amazing. Heath is smoldering and boy, when he wants something, he makes it his sole mission to get it if there's any possiblity that it's available. And the way he was with Kara? Holy Crap! I wish I was Kara....haha

And I was very surprised with Kara. The way we were introduced to her, she seemed shy, school oriented, very focused, but when she first met Heath, she was bold and brave and she went for what she want. I was shocked, but I was so rooting her on!

Plus, I loved that she went out to a bar by herself and stuck through it even though she was definitely uncomfortable being there by herself. She showed that a single woman can do things on her own and still have fun without a group of people relying on her.

The personal issues that Heath and Kara were both going through were heartbreaking. Heath has so many emotions running through him and it makes the reader see that even though a person can look happy and be laid back and cool, you never know what is going on inside of them. And Kara is haunted by her past, but you would never know that by watching her go for her goals to have a great future.

There were so many great moments in this novel, and I'm so glad I stumbled upon this novel. It's a series that is going to be an insta buy for me the second the next books are released.

And let me tell you, I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK!!! I need Emmetts book NOW!!! It's been killing me not knowing everything ever since I read the prequel book, so I'm so glad it is going to be next!!

I definitely recommend this novel, and this series, to any reader because I love them so much :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment