Friday, September 21, 2018

Review: Tiny Pieces by Stephanie Henry

Tiny Pieces Tiny Pieces by Stephanie Henry
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

Cole has always been a huge part of Aria's life, but when he destroys her 10 years ago, she has had to learn how to move on from him. The problem is that she is still broken by his betrayal, no matter how much time has past.

But Aria definitely wasn't prepared to see him back in their hometown, and then she was floored when he said that he was moving back home. Aria cannot stomache the idea of seeing him around randomly, and since he is best friends with her family, she keeps running into him over and over again.

Cole has had a lot of time to think about his life and the struggles that he has overcome, but the one thing he has always regretted was how things ended with Aria. Now that he is back in town, he is going to try to make amends. But some things are harder to smoother over than others, and Cole may find that Aria doesn't want to go through that heartbreak again by letting him back into her life.

I liked this book. I was just disappointed with how much DIDN'T happen in the novel. All the characters did was talk about the "incident" that happened to destroy Aria, but it wasn't revealed until later what it was. So nothing really happened, just a party, working, hanging out with family and friends, and not a lot else. I do have to say that there isn't a "bad event/person" who comes to try to destroy them, so that was a bit of a change, but I think many novels thrive when there is an atmosphere of suspense.

The other thing that really annoyed me was that Aria was so destroyed by what Cole did to her, but the second the truth is discovered, it's like she instantly forgives him... I mean, this broke her heart for 10 years, but now that she knows the truth, all of those years are forgot about how much she was hurt? Definitely not believable. And quite annoying as well. It makes it seem that it's normal that people are forgiven that fast for past mistakes, and that is definitely not the case.

Overall, it was a good novel. I'm not going to re-read this book in the future, but I would be interested in other novels by this author to see what else she has written. This was a cute, short novel that I can see other readers liking.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment