Saturday, September 21, 2019

Review: Lady Smoke by Laura Sebastian

Lady Smoke Lady Smoke by Laura Sebastian
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Just like the first book in this series, I found it to be an okay book. I was really hoping that I would be wow'ed by the continuation of the storyline for this series, but for some reason I'm not connecting with it as much as I wanted to. Theo's character development is getting better but she's still toggling back and forth on her feelings for EVERYTHING. Which guy she likes, if she is really a true queen or just a fake, etc. I want her to be certain about one thing in her life, but she's full of worry and confusion and almost non-commitment - which is VERY bad if you think about it, as she's advocating to be the true Queen...

I'm still Team Soren and I feel like Theo is just teasing both boys. She's sending so many mixed signals to both of them that I'm surprised they aren't getting whiplash. I need Theo to be confident in the 3rd book. I need her to make the hard decisions and not spend an entire chapter wondering if she made the wrong mistake. She needs to figure out how to be queen, even though she doesn't know how to do it. To be queen, you must feel like you are a queen. You must have the respect as a queen. Theo is getting there, but she better have it figured out by the end of book #3, otherwise the future of her people doesn't look all that great...

So, yeah, it was okay. I'm glad I'm getting around to reading this series, but I can't see myself re-reading this again.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment