Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Review: Hissy Fit by Lani Lynn Vale

Hissy Fit Hissy Fit by Lani Lynn Vale
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a great novel! Raleigh is just a mess... i can't imagine living her accident prone life. And going to the doctor constantly? No thank you. I also feel terrible for how she was treated when she was younger, and even when she's an adult. She's had a lot of bad things happened to her - especially with that terrible student?!? 

But I have to say, She. Never. Gives. Up. And I am in awe of her for that. I wouldn't have blamed her if she just gave up, but that's just not Raleigh. And I'm so glad she's a fighter and she's there for her friends and students. 

Now, Ezra. Initially I loved how he finally saw Raleigh and needed to know more about her. But then I started thinking about how terrible that is. He's literally been in her orbit for HIS WHOLE LIFE. And he noticed her when he drops a box of condoms on her face, causing a nose bleed? Then he becomes obsessed with her? I don't know. The more I think about it, the worse it's becoming. 

There are also 2 other things I didn't like. 1. They had sex for the first time in the bath tub... that's just not something to remember fondly. And it's gross, awkward, and just makes me shudder. 2. The book title... I don't think it's a good title nor did it depict what this book is about. It makes it sound like someone is a prima donna and throws a fit, when the complete opposite actually happens in the book. 

I loved, loved,  LOVED the storyline with Mason and Raleigh. That's literally what gave this book a 4 star review instead of a 2.5/3 star. I think that moral, that message, is amazing and when Mason gave his speech at the end? It gave me goosebumps and made me so happy. 

So yeah, I entire this book but also had a few issues with it. Overall I'm glad I read it! 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment