Sunday, June 28, 2020

Review: Enemies by Tijan

Enemies Enemies by Tijan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Every book I've read of Tijan's has hooked me from the start and I've loved every word of it. Enemies was no exception. I've been binging enemies-to-lovers stories and this is by far one of the best I've read. 

Dusty and Stone have so much history between them. And Dusty REALLY hates Stone. In most enemies-to-lovers stories, there is just a major dislike, but I've never seen a character DESPISE the other person so much. Granted, Dusty is keeping a lot of stuff inside, so her emotions are heightened. 

This book has so many powerful emotional scenes. It's raw. Real. Intense. I really can't imagine how Dusty was so functioning after event she's been through. And she was still TRYING. Most would have given up on life, but not Dusty. The parts where she was having an attack really broke my heart. 

And Stone. This guy has a lot thrown at him from a young age, and then he had way more come at him when Dusty reentered his life. But he is such a great guy who is trying to do the right thing, if Dusty would let him. 

I really loved the 2 chapters through Stone's point of view and wish there were more throughout the book. 

Then the parts with Dusty and her brother, Jared? Gosh, so emotional and gut wrenching.

This book was amazing, fantastic, phenomenal. I can't get over how much I loved it. This is one I know I will reread over and over again! 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment