Saturday, October 1, 2022

Review: Canary by Tijan

Canary Canary by Tijan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was available through Prime and the small snippet I found on Facebook intrigued me, so I dived in.  It's not a bad book, but I just wasn't able to really connect like I normally do with characters and stories.  I am impressed that the author was able to really get the feeling of numbness through the pages for me.  The main character was literally checked out for the longest time - might be why I was so disconnected honestly.  When she finally started to realize what was going on around her and started to look forward to things, that's when the story picked up and really took off.

Getting Raize's viewpoint (halfway through the book) was really great for me.  I loved seeing his thoughts and feelings toward Ash and how he slowly spiraled toward his feelings with her. 

Gus was amazing and I would have made every decision Ash made throughout this entire journey. 

Overall, I enjoyed it for the most part.  Glad I decided to try it out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment