Saturday, August 26, 2023

Review: The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros

The Last Letter The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Holy. Sad. I've read sad books but this may have topped my list. This book started off really really sad. By chapter 5 I was already crying. The ending? It was 100 times worse. I stayed this book crying and ended this book sobbing, no lie. I'm glad I read it, but I will never reread it again. 

Ella. This woman. How can one person go through this much grief? Honestly it just keeps hitting her over and over. I couldn't have survived if I were in her shoes. I legit would not be as strong as she was. So I adore her wholeheartedly and just want to hold her hard right now. 

Beckett is also an amazing person. What he's gone through, what he knowingly put himself in knowing how Ella will react when she finds out? So brave and selfless. I adore him. I get why Ella got mad but look at his actions, not the information he kept to himself. 

Those kids? Havoc? Everything about this book was gutwrenchingly bittersweet. I always had one foot stable waiting for some horrible news but when it happened? I couldn't believe it. Just awful honestly. 

So while I loved these characters, I can say with 100% certainty I will never read this book again because that is too much heartbreak for one family to go through. And too much sadness for me to revisit again. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment