Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Review: Ignite by Rebecca Yarros

Ignite Ignite by Rebecca Yarros
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

River and Avery are fantastic characters.  They both have been through so much, yet they are GOOD people.  I love that River will always want to be with Bishop.  Like they don't have to live with each other, but he has to live in the same town as him and work with him.  That sibling connection is hard to come by.  And his adoration toward Avery?  Swooon!  I love that he fell first, even though he kept it to himself for years.  This is the bane of my existence with friends-to-lovers because the amount of time they could have been together as a couple always blows my mind. 

Avery is an amazing person.  Going through the abuse she is taking every day from her father is hard.  She was only focused on her sister Addy and not really looking at the big picture of what she could actually do to make things better, but Avery is a fighter.  I just wish she fought the right battle so she didn't struggle for so many years.  But that ending when everything clicked for her was probably my most favorite scene. 

Loved these two characters and their story and can't wait to dive into the next couple's novel!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment