Friday, August 25, 2023

Review: The Things We Leave Unfinished by Rebecca Yarros

The Things We Leave Unfinished The Things We Leave Unfinished by Rebecca Yarros
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Rebecca Yarros is a wicked good writer. I usually don't enjoy 2 couples stories but this was done so beautifully I didn't mind at all switching from one setting to another.

The first characters is Scarlett and Jameson. These two are my favorite of the couples, not gonna lie. From the moment they met until the last page I was enchanted by their story and their reactions to each other. In a time so dark in their world, they found each other and knew what small chance they had to find it again. The way they clung to each other and loved each other was breathtaking. I loved everything about their story until the ending.

And that ending?? I was getting full body goosebumps, crying, shaking my head. We already knew it was a sad ending but when everything was revealed? I was blown away but all of it. I had this magical ending in my head and instead it was nothing like I was envisioning and I loved being so surprised by everything.

And then we have Scarlett and Jameson's great granddaughter Georgia and Noah's story. This was I also enjoyed too, especially because of how tough Georgia is and how determined Noah is. I loved their meeting in the bookstore and I love Noah's spontaneous decisions he makes. They have that same spark her great grandparents had and I loved seeing it in action.

And I loved seeing Georgia learn to trust again. Between her ex and her mother, she's not had a lot of people in her life that she can rely on. I honestly want to strangle her mother. She's a devious, selfish person who deserves all kinds of horrible things.

So yeah, safe to say, I'm obsessed with this book, all the feelings it gave me, and this author. I'm quickly getting all the feels through Rebecca's books and I'm loving every second of it. I can't wait to go on another emotional rollercoaster with another book up next!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment