Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Review: Forget Me Not by Julie Soto

Forget Me Not Forget Me Not by Julie Soto
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is probably one of the first books I've bought without read purely because I loved the cover (and I found a signed copy at my indie bookstore).  For the most part, I enjoyed this book, but if I had read it before buying a copy, I probably wouldn't have bought it. 

My main issue was with Ama.  She's kind of a brat, honestly.  The way she treated Elliot throughout their whole fling was pretty awful, but Elliot was just stunned by her and took the treatment she gave him.  I get that she acted the way she did because of her mother and witnessing how she treats relationships, but I just didn't like Elliot being treated that way when he is such a sweetheart.  Grumpy and socially awkward, but a sweetheart none the less. 

Elliot is what saved this book for me, honestly.  He's like me in the way that he doesn't want to be around people, but an inanimate object like flowers (books for me).  He has such a creative brain to create the wonderful things he does and he doesn't need to people.  But when he comes in contact with Ama, his brain short circuits and he's just memorized by her it seems.  Which is awesome, until she treats him like a stranger and he's been pining away for her. 

Overall I'm glad I read it.  Wished I loved it a little bit more, but I did enjoy it and I loved a lot of the side characters.  Whitney and honestly Hazel I could have done without, along with Ama haha, but overall it was a decent story!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment