Saturday, January 13, 2024

Review: Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross

Divine Rivals Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Everyone I know has been raving about this book, so I was intrigued enough to read it. And it was a good book, but didn't move me the way it's moving everyone else, it seems. 

I think Roman and Iris are destined to be with each other, especially since their grandmothers were connected together too. And the rivalry they had was cute and entertaining. I admire Iris for deciding to find her brother after the emotional turmoil she went through. And Roman sticking it to his father. 

But maybe it's the setting of the book that is throwing me. I really didn't expect gods and magic, but rather a historical contemporary. And that's on me, but it threw me off and never let me get comfortable in that genre?

Either way, I have book 2 in hand and will dive into that. I'll see if I can get my bearings straight to enjoy it. I'm glad I finally read it since it's a hot book today. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment