Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Review: Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover

Heart Bones Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is beyond precious in my mind. I can't even begin to explain how much I loved this book. 

Beyah is a character that I feel for. She has been through so much and for her to be so guarded at 19 is heart breaking. But I can also feel a sliver of her rationality in life. Not a lot, but just protecting herself from any emotional ties. I feel like I've gone down that hole in the past year and I've moved away from that thought process because of connecting with friends and family. But Beyah doesn't have that. Not even a phone or internet to meet amazing people to talk about her life. And it makes me realized how life can be so much worse, but also that everyone struggles on some level. Beyah's just one of the worst levels.

Samson was able to connect with Beyah on a level that she desperately needed in her life. Without Samson, she wouldn't have come out of her shell and would still be a fraction of her true self. I'm so glad that Beyah and Samson met because they are destined to be two halves of a whole. 

This book from start to finish had a death grip hold on my heart and wouldn't let go. Actually, evergreen sheet reading it, it still has a hold on me. I wont be forgetting this story anytime soon and I'm so glad I finally got to read it after all this time owning it on my book shelf. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment