Thursday, January 18, 2024

Review: Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover

Reminders of Him Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thought I was safe with this book in regards to my heart, but man, the last 35% of this book was rough!  I'm not sure how Colleen Hoover can always manage to make me FEEL everything but she does and here I am just a mess now after reading this book.  

Kenna is just... she's so pure and good.  I know what she did was awful, but I knew there was more to the story than what the town thought she did to Scotty.  And I know she thought she deserved the punishment she got, but I just wish SOMEONE would have been able to see how she wasn't mentally all there and to get her the help that she needed in order to process everything and to tell her story.  They just let her sit there and think she was an awful person, but even an awful person would need to talk about what they went through.  

Ledger was just as mean to my heart as Kenna was.  When he broke down so many times?  In such a distressed torment?  I just wanted to hug him and make everything better because he was definitely going through too many emotions and not knowing what was right or wrong.  I can't imagine being in his shoes throughout this whole ordeal. 

The whole restraining order against Kenna?  Not gonna lie, that put a bad taste in my mouth toward Grace and Patrick.  I get where they are coming from, but Kenna was trying so hard to talk to them and explain her side of the situation and they just shunned her.  Ugh this whole thing was a mess from the start and I just wish there were counselors there for everyone to talk to. 

I want to know more about Ivy, the human.  And I want Roman to have a story.  He was everything in this book. 

I'm so glad I'm finally reading more coho books that I've pushed aside, though I may need to take more breaks between each one to give my heart a bit of a break haha.  Loved this book and the emotions it put my through and I think so many people will love this story!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment