Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Gathering

I read The Gathering in a matter of hours. This was a quick, easy read but the story content was amazing! We first start by reading about Maya's experience when she sees her best friend drown in their lake. The strange part is that her friend, Serena, was the best swimmer at her school and she always swam in that lake.

After that, Maya's life dims down and she just lives day by day. She lives in a small town, literally 200 people make up the town and it's mostly set in the middle of the forest that Maya has grown up with for most of her life.

A new guy transfers to her school, Rafe, and this is very unusual as Maya's town does not get newbies - everyone that goes to school has known each other since they were in diapers. For some reason, Rafe is set on becoming friends with Maya, even though he has been seen with almost every girl at school, even though he will just chase them and then leave em once he gains their attention. Maya didn't want anything to do with him, but there was a certain attraction between the two of them...

This was very well written. I was not bored at all throughout this novel and I didn't want it to end (a note about the end - Armstrong has a sequel following it so it's not concluded at the end :-/ ). The second book, The Calling won't be out until April 2012! I do know, though, that when April comes around I will definitely be checking it out to find out what happens to Rafe and Maya.

Oh, and did I happen to mention that Maya has a collection of pets? Like a pet cougar and how the wild cougars (not her pet one) protects her from strangers? I would definitely like to have a wild animal protect me rather than hunt me for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment