Thursday, October 11, 2012

Until I Die by Amy Plum

This is the second novel in the Revenants series by Amy Plum.

My review of #1: Die For Me.

Now that Kate has fought the numa and is part of Vincent's revenant pack, she's getting the revenant treatment and learning how to fight with weapons.

She also gets to spend more time with Vincent and is learning more and more about the history of revenants.

But she can tell that it's extremely hard on Vincent not to help humans and die for them. So now he's trying a new experiment to see if he can withstand the urge to die while Kate lives.

Kate doesn't like the way the experiment is treating Vincent, though, because he is becoming weaker and bruising up everywhere. She decides to try and find a different cure without letting Vincent know because he wouldn't want her out on her own just to help him.

There's also two new revenants in town and staying at the palace where Vincent lives: Violette and Arthur. Because Charlotte, one of Kate's closest girl friends besides her sister, left with her brother, Violette is starting to become another close friend to Kate.

Things start to get intense when the numa's are breaking into the houses of revenants and looking for something in particular.

Then the revenants find out that the numa knows who killed their previous leader, Lucien. Only no one can know that in less it was a member of Vincent's kinship at his revenant house.

Someone is betraying Kate, Vincent, and Vincent's family. Will they be able to figure out who that person is in time? And will they be able to stop them before they find what they are searching for in the different houses they are breaking into? Read Until I Die by Amy Plum to find out!

My Thoughts/Reflections
Hmm. I'm not sure how I feel about this sequel to If I Die. It didn't seem like there was a lot going on. Sure, Vincent and Kate both had their different agendas to help Vincent fight the urge to die, but it seemed very slow paced for me.

All of the action came at the end when the traitor was revealed and a fight broke out. But the time it took to get to that point seemed long and boring for me.

I still love Kate. She is a true fighter and has a pure, kind heart by trying to help Vincent even though he wouldn't want her to do it. And she is very smart and a little sneaky, which I have to admire in a character.

I wish that there was a little bit more plot, or at least so more steamy scenes between Vincent and Kate throughout the novel.

Even though I wasn't impressed with this sequel, I am looking forward to reading the third and final book in the series, If I Should Die in May 2013. Hopefully everything will become easier for the two characters and there will be more action and plot to follow as the story concludes.

I would recommend this to anyone who's read the first novel and wants to read more about these characters. I would suggest that you read the first book in the series before this one to clarify terms and what occurred first as this does follow right after the previous book.

No comments:

Post a Comment