Monday, February 25, 2013

One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy

This is the first novel in the Drew + Fable series by Monica Murphy.

Living in a college town, Fable is able to work at a local bar and get steady tips from all of the drunk, rich students. She also has a reputation that follows her around, saying she is easy and is a slut. Fable only does what she has to in order to bring in money for her family.

Her mother drinks too much and parties with her boyfriend of the month, so Fable has to be the responsible one and take care of her 13 year old brother Owen. Which is getting harder because Owen is getting more defiant and running around with the wrong crowd.

When Drew confronted Fable outside of the bar after her shift, Fable thought it was to hook up, which she was not doing. But Drew threw her a curve ball: he wants to pay Fable to be his fake girlfriend for one week, over Thanksgiving Break.

Fable was going to say no, but when she heard it was for $3,000, she couldn't pass it up, so off to Drew's parents house she went, fake girlfriend status in tow.

Throughout the week, Fable and Drew realized that they have a lot in common. And that they are mutually attracted to one another.

But they made a deal, and in one week they would no longer have to talk to each other.

That will be hard to do though. Because the reason Drew wanted Fable at his house had to do with his father and stepmother. And now Fable is getting closer to Drew's secrets. At first he didn't want her Fable to know, but now that she's getting closer to his dark secrets, he's finding out that he might be able to trust her.

But can he fully give himself to Fable, or will Drew forever be haunted by his dark past? Can Fable find a way to get Drew to open up, or will their "relationship" be over in a week? Read One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy to find out!

My Thoughts/Reflections
Just a forewarning, this is a NEW ADULT novel, which means that it's a little bit more mature and graphic than a YA novel but not too racy like an adult novel. Mainly, New Adult (NA) novels are set in college and are about characters who are starting to grow up, but still do things that are immature.

I gotta say, I'm glad I got this book for $0.99 and didn't wait until it was free! I really enjoyed it and flew by, even though I'm upset that there is another one and I have to wait for it!

I absolutely loved Fable. First, her name is awesome, even though she probably gets a lot of crap for it. And secondly, she is single-handedly raising her younger brother and avoiding her mother. She just needs to leave her mother and have one less ungrateful person to take care of, but that's just my opinion.

And Drew. Oh, poor Drew. I figured out what happened to him to make him want a fake girlfriend over the holidays before it was revealed, and my heart was breaking for him over and over throughout this eBook.

There was a lot of messed up topics and events in this book, but I really loved it. Fable is amazing because once she finds out, she doesn't run away yelling. Oh, no. Our Fable stays right by Drew's side and makes him realize that he is not at fault. It's only Drew that is running away, even though he doesn't want to.

The only bad part about this book was that I found out it is part of a series... And the second one isn't out yet! So I have to wait until I find out when it comes out and snatch it, because I need to know what happens. Now!

Okay, enough ranting. I really enjoyed this and I think other readers who are having a New Adult kick like I am will enjoy it as well. I would recommend it for older readers because of the topic content, but I'm really glad I got it and would recommend it to others because I enjoyed it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment