Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Review: Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss by Kasie West

Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss by Kasie West
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Edelweiss. This is my honest review.
Release Date: February 5, 2019

Lacey Barnes is going to be famous. She's been in commercials, and had a small acting role in a popular TV show, but now this is her big break. She is the LEADING woman in a movie based off a book, and she is co-starring with GRANT JAMES. The Grant James! Heartthrob, teen actor who everyone is in love with! And she gets to kiss him in the movie!!

What more could a girl want, right!?

Well, it would have been awesome if this could have happened after her senior year in high school. She is grateful for her big opportunity, but she is missing so much at home and at school. She's never going to be able to have another senior year, so that`s a bit of a bummer.

And she also wishes that she has more chemistry with Grant on stage, because it seems like she is struggling to get it just the way the director wants it to be. And Lacey can't mess this up, because if she doesn't do well now, who knows if anyone else will hire her for future movie roles...

So all is not as perfect as she thought it was going to be. Then you throw in the tutor her father hired for her so she won't get behind in school, and the fact that weird things are happing on set and are missing that she needs for her character, and things are starting to look down for Lacey.

But she is going to make the most of her situation, and find solutions for everything, because she needs for this to turn out well. The more she gets invested in everything, though, the more she realizes that you can't plan for everything, and that with fame comes the unpredictable.

I love Kasie West, so I was extremely excited to get a chance to read this eARC!! And it was such a cute novel. I don't think it was my favorite book by West, but it was still a great read. Fun, quirky, mysterious, full of love, laughter, and a lesson on how the perfect life you've always dreamed of may not be what you envisioned.

There were a lot of different qualities to this book that I think will appeal to a large audience of readers. And I loved reading about being on set and filming a movie. I haven`t read too many of those (if any....?) so it was something unique and fresh for me.

And poor Lacey. She has so much on her plate, and she's only 17. I definitely would not want to be in her shoes, that`s for sure!

The mystery was fun in this book. I had a couple of ideas on who was sabotaging the set, and one of my predictions because true, so that was nice! And I loved the snippets we got from the script Lacey was acting in. I almost wish there was a book written about THAT storyline, because I would be very interested in reading that as well!

And the romance between Lacey and Donovan was adorable. It was so fun reading about them and seeing them struggle with their feelings for one another, only to cave into them.

Overall, this was a cute novel and I know die hard fans of Kasie West are going to enjoy it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment