Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Review: Just Pretending by Leah Rooper

Just Pretending Just Pretending by Leah Rooper
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

Eva is now Queen of her people, and she couldn't more more thrilled about it. But let's face it, she is still a teenager and she wants to live a normal life for a brief moment. When she gets the chance to go visit her brother in Chicago, Eva is over the moon about it. But it seems that Daniel is determined to keep her extremely busy doing touristy stuff and not just roaming around and having fun.

Tyler met Eva once, and thought she was an amazing person, so he was excited to see her again. But their first meeting didn't go too hot, and then Tyler was doing a favor to Daniel by picking up Prince Tiberius from the airport, when Eva mistook him for Tiberius! Now Tyler is a fake prince, but he is finally finding the connection with Eva that he had the very first time they met.

Tyler knows he needs to tell Eva the truth, but honestly, a poor motherless boy like him isn't going to see Eva, a Queen, again, so what's the harm in pretending?

Well a lot when he ends up falling for her, and then gets dragged to her home, her castle, for Christmas...

Now the cat is going to be out of the bag, and life is going to change dramatically for everyone...

This was a cute novel. I haven't read the first or the second book, but from what I can guess, each of these books have the common denominator of mistaken identities.

I didn't really connect with the characters as well as I would like, but I feel like if I had read the other books I may have had a better connection. I can't imagine being a Queen at only 16, but Eva seems to know what she is doing. She just wants to be a teenager too, which sadly doesn't always happen all of the time.

And Tyler has had a rough go lately, and I really do feel for him for his condition. But I feel like he was struggling for no reason because he could have told his dad or a teacher and gotten the help that he needed.

Overall this was a cute novel and I'm glad I got a chance to read it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment