Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Review: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

P.S. I Still Love You P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lara Jean realizes that she really likes Peter. Not in the fake way like they started, but as in she wants to really date Peter now. Real boyfriend and girlfriend.

But then she also just wants to keep it casual and light, like what they have been doing during their fake relationship... Really, Lara Jean is just not sure what she wants right now.

Just when things seem to be working out, two things happen. One, Peter is hanging out a lot with Gen, and Lara Jean doesn't like it. Especially since Peter wont't tell her what they are doing when they are hanging out, except "they are just friends". And two, Lara Jean got a letter in the mail. A letter from John - 1 of her 5 loves that she wrote an email to - saying that he finally received her letter since he moved from the last known address Lara Jean had known.

John was always the one who got away and now that Lara Jean is reconnecting with him, she realizes how much she really liked him.

There is a lot of miscommunication and wild feelings going around, and Lara Jean is going to need to figure out exactly what she wants in life, before she loses it for good.

I liked this sequel. It was a bit slow at first, but then things started to pick up and drama was flying all around with these characters. The drama between the Lara Jean/Peter/Gen situation got to be redunant and annoying honestly. I just wanted everyone to make up their mind and figure everything out, because living in doubt and jealously is so tiring after awhile.

And the whole drama between Lara Jean/Peter/John was an interesting development. I'm glad Lara Jean was able to figure out her brain in the end and not let just her feelings jerk her around.

Overall, this was a good novel, and I'm very intrigued to see what the next novel is going to bring. Oh, and I will say that this book had a lot of the same features that the Netflix movie had, so I'm going to be interested to see how things are different when movie #2 comes out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment