Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Review: Whiskey Prince by Toni Aleo

Whiskey Prince Whiskey Prince by Toni Aleo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Anberlynn has had a very trying life in her 18 years. She lost her father when she was 12, and then it was just her and her mom. Then they found out that her mom had cancer, and Amberlynn took care of her for the past 2 years. When her mom died, she was lost on what to do, but then she got a letter her mom wrote to her telling her to go stay with Amberlynn's aunt and uncle in Ireland and finally live her life like a normal 18 year old.

At first, she didn't want to leave her home that she has lived her whole life, but eventually she decided that it was the right move to make.

Declan is the Whiskey Prince. His family, from as far back as he can remember, has been in the Irish whiskey business, and Declan is more than ready to become the next person to take charge of this business. The problem is that he can't take over the business until he marries. Declan hasn't found the right woman to fall in love with, so he isn't sure who he will marry within 6 months of the timeline his father gave him.

The second Declan saw the "american" across the lake, he was done for. He knew that Amberlynn was the one for him. Once he finally got up the courage to talk to her, he was ruined for any other girl in town.

Things were moving slowly between Declan and Amberlynn since both were not used to dating or being in a relationship. But then their lives are threatened, and Declan and Amberlynn have to figure out how much they care for each other, and if they will have the chance to see how things progress.

For the most part I liked this book. I liked the storyline and the intent the book was going. There were some slow moments where I got a bit bored, and it seemed like there were a couple of moments that really didn't need to be included in this book, but overall I enjoyed it.

I feel so much when I think about Amberlynn. To have one person go through all of that heartache and pain and sadness is just so sad. And to see her still being an uplifting, light spirited girl gives me hope that there are people like her out there. She was so in love with her parents and so close to them, that when she lost them she lost a piece of herself as well. Her mom was her best friend, and she lost that person to turn to for happy and sad events to talk about. So I was really happy she found her cousin and became best friends with her, so Amberlynn could have another close connection with someone.

Declan seems like a great guy and he is so loyal to his family and his family business. I do have to say that he is very quick to anger when he gets mad, though. I don't like that side of him and it always made me worried that he was going to go to far when he lost his temper.

Overall, I did enjoy this book, and I may eventually read the next book, but I'm not dying-right-not-that-I-have-to-have-it, so I think I'm going to read the 1,000+ other eBooks that I have.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment