Friday, May 24, 2019

Review: Kingsbane by Claire Legrand

Kingsbane Kingsbane by Claire Legrand
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from Edelweiss. This is my honest review.

This was a very long book full of twists and turns, love and heartbreak, loyalty and betrayal. I thought that I would be done with this series after this book because I just wasn't that into it, but that ending... I now need to know what is going to happen!

The time travel part was a bit interesting. I'm curious what exactly was changed when they came back to their time, instead of what had changed in their little pocket of life in the world.

I need to know more about Simon. He is a complete mystery and I feel like there is more to him than anyone can tell after the ending of this book. I don't want to believe it is true, but I also think that anything can happen in this trilogy.

As for Audric and Rielle? I'll be curious to see if the initial scene at the very beginning of Furyborn will actually happen, because it seems that the characters are a bit spread apart now, and how Rielle reacts the longer she is away.

I felt like the book was way too long and had a lot of filler information, and then the BAM ending happened quickly and abruptly. If it wasn't for the ending, I'm sure I would have wiped my hands of this series and called it good, but now there are so many unanswered questions left, and I'm wondering how the author is going to wrap this up in a way to make all readers happy.

I'm also intrigued by Eliana, Remy and the Admiral's future. That is another thing I need answered. But I do have so say, Eliana is still my favorite character out of the bunch, even though she was getting on my nerves a bit during this novel. I just want her to unleash her power and stop being afraid of it, instead of hiding behind her castings. If her predecessor can do it without a casting, I'm 100% positive that Eliana can do it 100x more powerfully.

Now I have to play the waiting game for the 3rd novel. I'm sure that fans of the first novel will devore this book once they get their hands on it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment