Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Review: Rage by Cora Carmack

Rage Rage by Cora Carmack
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

Aurora/Rora/Roar went on a mission to get magic. What she discovered was far beyond what she imagined. Now that she has a better understanding of her world, Roar needs to go back home. Except when she gets there, she finds that everything has changed. The man she was supposed to marry has taken over her castle, her mother has not been seen since Roar left, and her people are being attacked by not only the new royal guards, but also from the Stormlord, who is out to get revenge on the Locke’s, and doesn’t care who he destroys in the process.

Waiting has never been a strong trait of Roar’s, but she is going to need a lot of patience if she wants to achieve everything she must to make sure her future is hers to rule…

This was a great sequel to Roar. I do admit that it was a bit slower than book #1, but it was a lot of character development and getting to know more about the current state of Pavan. The reader also gets a chance to see more characters – not only meeting new ones, but also getting their viewpoint of the situation at hand.

The Stormlord is a confused, complicated character, but I think I have him figured out. This novel didn’t come right out and say it, but I think I know who he is and why he’s so messed up.

Roar showed a lot of impatience and rash decisions throughout this book, but the good thing is that she learned from them, which will mean that she will be a great leader in the future.

My conflicting feels for Locke and Cassius still exist after reading this book. I can’t decide if I’m Team Locke or Team Cassius because both have their strengths and weaknesses. I have to say, unless something major happens in the next book, I’d be happy with Roar ending up with either of them, which is very rare for me as I also have a favorite.

I’m very glad I got a chance to read this eARC and I think a lot of readers are going to enjoy this next installment of Roar’s adventure!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment