Thursday, May 16, 2019

Review: The Mister by E.L. James

The Mister The Mister by E.L. James
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was debating between 1 or 2 stars... I thought I would be generous and say 2. This book was...blah... If you are looking for a book like 50 Shades of Grey, or better, this is not the book you are looking for. The book could have been cut in half because many things were repeated over and over. A 500 page book where pretty much nothing happened was a bit too much for my liking.

At first, I liked both characters - enough to continue on reading. But then Alessia became a kept woman even though she was fighting her hardest to become free and not running anymore. And Maxim was the one who would repeat things over and over, whether it was in his head or verbally in conversation.

And neither of the characters talked to one another as well as they should have. They left their most important topics unsaid and just hoped that the other one felt the same way or knew about it, without actually talking about it. Which, if they spoke to each other, a lot of their problems would have been resolved right away.

Overall, I would say this book had a lot of hype, but did not live up to it's standard following the 50 Shades of Grey series. I hope E.L. James can do better the next time - otherwise she might be known as a one hit wonder.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment