Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Review: Caught by Raathi Chota

Caught Caught by Raathi Chota
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received this eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

I really, really, really wanted to like this. I truly did. I love the cover, I love the synopsis, I love the beginning. But this book just wasn't for me, I don't think. First, the characters. There are so many boys, first of all, and all of them are bullies. And not true bullies, because they will be mean one moment and then nice the next. They are bi-polar bullies. And there are 2 different group of guys that are bullying Lana, and she basically goes from one group to the next without blinking an eye. Plus there is another character that I bet has a significant role to play, at least by reading the synopsis for the second book, that I didn't even get to before I gave up on this book.

Also, Lana. Gah, she is supposed to be a nerdy girl, a good girl, a Yale girl, but she interchanges herself so much that she goes from a good girl to a rebel in literally a second. It depends on who she is around, which honestly makes her two-faced and changes herself depending on who she's next to, which really annoys me to no end.

I know this book says 361 pages on the goodreads page, but I seriously think the one I got is way more pages, because I only got 54% through this book, and it took forever.

One other thing that got too much? There were so many plot twists and such terrible things that happened that the reader would assume that the book was finished with a cliffhanger and ready for the next book in the series. Instead, one bad thing after another kept happening to Lana. What made this really unrealistic was that Lana had a normal life before the 4 got intertwined with her, and now everything that can go wrong is going wrong... It was just a lot to deal with.

I'm bummed that I didn't like this book as well as I wanted to, and I really wanted to see what happened to these characters, but it was just TOO much for me. I'm sure there are readers out there who would enjoy this novel, though! I'm glad I got a chance to read this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment