Sunday, May 19, 2019

Review: Furyborn by Claire Legrand

Furyborn Furyborn by Claire Legrand
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this eARC from Edelweiss. This is my honest review.

This story follows two girls. Rielle lives in the castle and is hiding a huge secret from the king and her 2 best friends. Only her father and Tasl know, and all three of them are trying to find a way to get rid of her ability.

Elaina is an assassin. In order to keep her mother and brother safe, she kills targets given to her by the emperor. She also has a secret, one that only her brother Remy knows.

These two are connected in ways they can't imagine, and their fates are yet to be determined. But they well do remarkable things, terrible or great, before they are finished with their mission.

This author is going to be in St. Louis and I wanted to read this in case I wanted to meet her. And I thought the book was pretty good. I really disliked the going back and forth between the two characters, though. Both have a lot going on and being jerked back and forth between their stories was a bit annoying.

I also have a lot of questions that weren't answered by the end of the novel. I'm sure that is what the next two books are for.

I think i like Elaina better than Rielle. I feel like Elaina's story had more information throughout the novel and she's a fighter and survivor. Rielle seemed lost and confused and tortured which made her harder to connect with.

Overall this was a good novel. I'm intrigued for what is going to happen in the next book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment