Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Review: Hooked on the Game by C.M. Owens

Hooked on the Game Hooked on the Game by C.M. Owens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have to say, I wasn't expecting to get hooked on this book and wanting to keep my digital book for future re-reads. So the title is very forthcoming in how readers are going to react to this novel.

I read this book in 1 sitting and I read it very quickly. The writing is great, the characters are amazing, and the story is even better. I love Raya. I think she focuses a little bit too much on being poor, but she's a strong willed girl who knows what is right and wrong because of her father's past. She puts her heart on her sleeve and she's always debating between things, which make relationships a little hard for her.

And I love Kade. He wants to be a jerk at the beginning, but Kade is not a mean person. He just puts everyone at an arm's length away to protect himself. But watching him with Raya is amazing and I loved seeing how they both broke each other's walls with one another.

I also loved the little mystery in the middle of this book, and I actually adored Raya's dad. I wouldn't mind having a few of those skills myself!

I'm so glad I stumbled into this novel and I will definitely be looking for more books by this author!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment