Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Review: How Does It Feel? by Jeneane O'Riley

How Does It Feel? How Does It Feel? by Jeneane O'Riley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book has been all over the place and I have a friend who adores it, so I dived in with higher expectation of liking it.  And overall I really did enjoy it!!  The beginning was a bit rough, but once Mendax started to show feelings in his otherwise non-feeling life toward Callie I was digging it.  

Callie is such an interesting character.  She lives in her own little world before going into Fae and she truly enjoys what she does it seems like.  She is so dedicated to go to Mexico for the butterflies, but she is still giving it her all at her current job because she is still passionate about what she is doing. 

Mendax... He truly didn't care at all about Callie at the beginning.  I'm not sure I met a MMC who despised the love interest at the beginning, usually they are at least a little bit intrigued.  But I legit think he wanted her dead and that was very interesting for me. 

But that twist?  Callie giving Mendax a false name and already being part of the Fae world in a small aspect?  Knowing Eli?  Having the ability to trick Mendax?  I knew something was going to be a twist because Callie was so attuned to animals and that is not a normal reaction humans have, but to find out how she was actually involved was amazing!  I'm hoping book two will have more scenes with Mendax and how he will get Callie back, because I want these two to be end game.  I don't want Eli to end up with Callie, I think that would make me meh because the attraction her and Mendax have is scorching!

Very glad I decided to read this book and I'm glad I have book two to dive into!  Sad it's a 4 book series so I'm sure I will go through another cliffhanger, but I'm definitely committed to this series to see how it all ends!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment